

She won't let me put nicknames on her lunch bag like "Bug" "Noodle" or "Freddie." I can't even put her snacks in a baggie that say "maddie's snack." There used to be a time when I could walk her to her classroom, but now...she walks herself. She has a brand new teacher this year, so her enthusiasm is pretty exciting.
In other news, my car broke down Saturday on our way to the river. Mitch, Maddie, Jillian (my cousin) and I were driving down Meadowbrook hill when my engine stalled and I had no brakes. Thank you Dad for instilling in me, during our early driving training lessons, what the emergency brake is for. Everybody was safe and we were able to glide right into the gas station at the bottom of the hill. Wendy Lawson came to the rescue, my brother also happened to be driving by (to the river) and AAA towed the car. We all eventually made it to the river; however, not in my car, and considering Mitch and I broke down in Yellowstone 2 years ago on the same Labor Day weekend, I think from now on we'll stay home. Pray it doesn't cost too much to fix!!
School starts for me on 9/24. I'm precepting this last term, so I'm pretty much on my own (that is w/o a college instructor) and working with the nurse. I've yet to hear from my instructor as to my placement, but if all holds from Spring Term's placement then I may be in an adult oncology floor in Portland.


2 comments:
How fun...Thanks!
welcome my blogging friend! and yes, she's officially huge!
Post a Comment